What Not To Do

What Not to Do

Hello readers. I have recently had paranormal activity in my very own home. I have lived here for 15 years without anything, so this is alarming to me. I don't really want to investigate my own home. So...I began to research groups in my area, and began to contact them via email, text, and some by phone. I  have had no luck, as of yet, getting anyone to take me seriously, or, even get back to me. I did have an investigator friend come in whom I respect, and he did a good job, but there has been some pretty dramatic activity since. So. So far, no luck. Since this is probably the common experience of many people in my situation, here is a list of all of the things you should not do if you are a paranormal investigator, or a group. This is a list developed from personal experience, all of which are very recent; within the past two weeks.
1. If you have a website and it is not active, has been up online for years and no one is keeping it updated, no one is checking it, and no one in your group gives a s+*t, please, take the thing down.

2. If you do have an active phone number, please answer the d&%m phone.

3. If you are on Facebook and have messenger, and someone sends you a text, read it and answer it, sometime this year.

4. If we speak, and you promise to get back to me, and I wait for a week without you ever getting back to me, then, well, you're not a good person.

5. If you have an active website, and on this website, you state that you will, when contacted, get back to the person promptly and help them as soon as possible, and you speak to the person and tell them you or your team members are not available for a month or more, well, then you don't really care very much about that person's problems, now do you?

6. If you have a website, and you provide a form for the client to fill out, and it is so long (9 pages), and cumbersome to use (must copy, print out, fill in by hand, re-scan and then send, or send snail mail) then don't be surprised if you never, ever, hear from a soul.

7. If you want to help, so you make suggestions, such as, "Contact TAPS and ask to get on their TV show." or "here's a list of groups in your state." But the list is so old that it includes the name of the group you used to be with who disbanded over ten years ago. Or, "I know there are a bunch of groups in your state." and that's it. No names, no places, nada. In other words, don't help if all you have to offer are silly words of advice. Please, refrain.

8. Don't diagnose over the phone, or by text. One person, after hearing about the activity in my home, diagnosed my problem as Poltergeist activity.  Another decided all of the activity was being faked by my beloved and trusted boyfriend. Whom he has never met and knows absolutely nothing about.

9. Don't suggest I need a demonologist.

10. Don't say you are committed to finding out the truth of what is going on in my house, then tell me what is going on in my house, before you ever come here, and then tell me your group can do a cleansing.

11. Don't ever charge a fee for a cleansing. It's considered fraud and you could be arrested.


Currently, I am awaiting two call-backs and it's been three days, I am awaiting contact from a friend who told me he/she would definitely help, still waiting. and waiting.  and waiting..... and I am desperately but seriously considering contacting a group all the way from Philadelphia. or.....  perhaps I should simply start my own group.

Update: I recently had a few people in who I was impressed with. They said they would be back to be more thorough, and never came back and I haven't heard a word from them in a month.

I have contacted another group. They are supposed to be great. I spoke to two members on the phone. That was weeks ago. I am now waiting to hear from them as to when they plan to get here. Just exactly how long am I supposed to wait? Today is Sunday, Sept 8. I will post here in a week with an update.

Friday, Sept 20, I have a group scheduled to do an investigation on Monday. Finally! I will let you know the results of the investigation.



Comments

Popular Posts